Qorma ( Chicken, Beef, Mutton )
Qorma is an authentic Mughlai dish which is now a part of Pakistani feasts. Qorma is basically chicken/beef/mutton dish which is cooked with rich and aromatic spices. The gravy is creamy textured and has a sharp taste. The difference between normal dishes and Qorma is adding Kewra water or Saffron in it. Its aroma is unique and eaten with sheermal mostly. It is one of the most wanted dishes in any celebration in Karachi and Lahore.
- 1 lb meat (chicken, lamb, or beef)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup oil or ghee
- 2-3 green cardamom pods
- 2-3 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, onion, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add the meat to the marinade and mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Heat oil or ghee in a large pan and add the cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf. Fry for a few seconds until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the marinated meat to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the meat is browned on all sides.
- Add the water, cover the pan, and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the meat is tender and fully cooked.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan. Enjoy your delicious qorma!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment