Meethi seviyan are vermicelli cooked in desi ghee with sugar. Meethi seviyan has a rich taste of clarified butter in it. It is mainly cooked on the occasion of Eid. It is garnished with coconut flakes, khoya and raisins. It is a light sweet dish that is tempting and delicious.
- cup vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt the ghee or butter over medium heat. Add the vermicelli and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron threads to the pan. Mix well.
- Pour in the water and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the raisins, almonds, and shredded coconut. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the ingredients are heated through.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it sit for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as a sweet dessert or as a snack.
Enjoy your delicious Sawwaiyan!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment