Sheer Khurma is an exclusive dessert traditionally made on Eid by Pakistanis. There is no home in which sheer khurma is not made on Eid. Sheer khurma is vermicelli dessert that is cooked in milk with sugar, cardamom and dried dates. It is cooked till the milk thickens. A lot of nuts are added. It is served cold in Eid breakfast. It is very rich in taste and flavour.
- 1 liter milk
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup ghee or clarified butter
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews, etc.)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2-3 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add mixed nuts and raisins and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pot, add vermicelli and sauté until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another pot, heat milk over medium heat. Once it starts boiling, add sugar and crushed cardamom pods. Stir well and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the roasted vermicelli to the milk and cook until the vermicelli is soft and cooked through.
- Add the sautéed mixed nuts, raisins, and chopped dates to the pot and stir well.
- Finally, add saffron strands and mix well. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Enjoy your delicious Sheer Khurma!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment