Khopra Pak is a desiccated coconut sweet. The sweet has all the richness and goodness of coconut, milk, suagr and ghee. It is often green and yellow in colour. This is a sweet delicacy of Karachi and is very appetising for the lovers of coconut.
- 2 cups grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- Grease a plate or tray with ghee and set it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the grated coconut to it. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes until the coconut turns slightly golden in color.
- Add the sugar and water to the pan and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Keep stirring the mixture on medium heat until it thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan. This should take around 10-12 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and ghee to the pan and mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan and forms a soft ball.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the mixture to the greased plate or tray.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it has cooled slightly, cut it into desired shapes and let it cool completely.
- Once the Khopra Pak has cooled completely, you can store it in an airtight container for up to a week.
Enjoy your homemade Khopra Pak
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment