Shami kababs are the most favourite sides of Pakistan. Shami kabab is a part of every party and it blends very well with all the desi foods of Pakistan. It is a mixture of boiled split grams, minced meat and aromatic spices. The mixture is shaped into patties. Eggs can be added in the mixture or patties could be dipped in egg and then fried. It is a famous kabab among children as well.
- 1 cup split yellow lentils (chana dal), soaked for 2-3 hours
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Oil for frying
- In a large pot, add the soaked lentils and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer until the lentils are soft and fully cooked, about 20-25 minutes. Drain any excess water and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, cooked lentils, chopped onion, minced garlic, grated ginger, salt, black pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Use a food processor or a blender to blend the mixture until it forms a smooth paste. This will help the kababs hold their shape.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the kababs and fry until golden brown on both sides, flipping once. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve hot with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.
Note: You can also freeze the kababs for later use.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment