Roth is a Kashmiri cookie that is made by whole wheat, cardamom, desi ghee and sugar. To add more flavours in it, different nuts along with raisins are added. The mixture is kneaded properly and then baked. In Karachi, roths are made on the occasion of Muharram.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Oil for frying
- Nuts and raisins of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, milk powder, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, nuts and raisins.
- Add clarified butter to the mixture and rub it into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add warm water to the mixture and knead until it forms a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them into discs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the discs in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the discs from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the Roth warm or at room temperature.
Note: You can also sprinkle some sesame seeds and khashkhas on the Roth before frying them for added flavor. Enjoy your sweet and delicious Roth!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment