Paratha Roll is the top most selling item of a shack or barbecue shop. It is a desi Pakistani wrap that is among favourite foods of Karachi. This wrap is made of paratha and stuffed with tikka boti. Green and red chutneys are spread over it and freshly sliced onions are added to give it a traditional and juicy taste. It is served with raita. Paratha rolls are easy to grab food that can satisfy your hunger.
- 4-6 parathas (you can make them at home or buy them from a store)
- 1 lb chicken or beef, cut into small pieces (you can also use vegetables such as potatoes or paneer)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Ketchup and/or mint chutney for serving
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until they are soft and pulpy.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken or beef to the pan and mix well. Sauté for a few minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the green chilies to the pan and mix well.
- Let the filling simmer for a few more minutes until the gravy has thickened.
- Heat the parathas in a separate pan or on a griddle until they are warm and slightly crispy.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of each paratha.
- Roll the paratha tightly around the filling and secure it with a toothpick.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your delicious Paratha rolls are ready to serve! Serve hot with ketchup and/or mint chutney.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment