Paratha is the must part of every desi nashta. Its not only available in restaurants but made in every Pakistani home as well. It is a crispy layered flatbread which can be dipped in tea for joy. Parathas can be simple or stuffed wth cheese, potato, cauliflower, radish and sugar etc. Pakistani children love to eat parathas with chai, egg, yogurt etc.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Water, as required
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, salt, and vegetable oil.
- Gradually add water and knead the dough until it becomes soft and pliable. The dough should not be too stiff or too sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls, approximately the size of a golf ball.
- Dust a rolling surface with some flour and roll out one ball of dough into a thin circle, approximately 6 inches in diameter.
- Brush the surface of the rolled-out dough with some vegetable oil.
- Fold the dough into a half-moon shape, then fold it again to form a triangle.
- Roll out the triangle into a thin circle again.
- Heat a tawa or flat skillet over medium heat.
- Place the rolled-out paratha on the tawa and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve hot with your favorite curry or gravy-based dish. You can also serve plain paratha with yogurt, pickle, or chutney. Enjoy your delicious and simple Plain Paratha!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment