Kheer is a desi Pakistani rice pudding which is flavoursome and rich in taste. Kheer is equally famous in Lahore and Karachi. It is cooked in home and sold in different restaurants. It is topped up with almonds and pistachios. It is cooked in every occasion and gathering and liked by everyone.
- 1 liter full-fat milk
- 1/2 cup of Basmati rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup of sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Saffron strands (optional)
- In a heavy-bottomed pan or kadhai, heat the milk on medium flame.
- Add the soaked rice to the milk and stir well.
- Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the rice becomes soft and the milk starts to thicken. This will take around 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add sugar to the pan and mix well. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
- Add chopped nuts, cardamom powder, and saffron strands (if using) to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it thickens and reaches the desired consistency. You can add more milk if the kheer becomes too thick.
- Turn off the heat and let the kheer cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve the kheer hot or chilled. You can garnish with more chopped nuts before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Kheer!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment