Kalakand is another kind of sweet in Pakistan which is famous for its mild sweetness. Kalakand is a soft delicate mithai that can be called a desi milk cake. It is made by milk and sugar. It is cooked in a way that granular sweetened milk solids are left. It is garnished with pistachios. Kalakand is a treat for sweet lovers.
- 2 litres of full-fat milk
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp of chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, or any nuts of your choice)
- Pour the milk into a large heavy-bottomed pan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the lemon juice gradually to the boiling milk and stir continuously until the milk curdles and the whey separates from the solids.
- Once the milk has curdled, turn off the heat and strain the curdled milk through a cheesecloth or a muslin cloth. Press the cloth to remove any excess whey and let it hang for about 30 minutes to allow the remaining whey to drain.
- After the whey has drained, transfer the solid curdled milk to a wide non-stick pan and cook it over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5-7 minutes until it thickens.
- Add the sugar, water, and cardamom powder to the thickened milk and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes together to form a soft, crumbly texture. This should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened, take it off the heat and pour it into a greased plate or tray.
- Smooth out the mixture and sprinkle the chopped nuts over the top, pressing them down gently.
- Let the Kalakand cool down to room temperature, and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Once set, cut the Kalakand into small squares or diamonds and serve.
Enjoy your delicious Kalakand!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment