Cham cham is a soft and spongy Pakistani sweet. Cham cham is made by curdling the milk. The coagulated milk is now shaped into small cylinders and soaked in sugar syrup. Cham cham is garnished with pistachios. Cham cham is a very sweet and syrupy sweet indeed. It is available in all the bakeries of Pakistan.
For the Cham Cham dough:
- 2 cups of full-fat milk powder
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup of ghee or clarified butter
- 1 cup of milk
For the Cham Cham syrup:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp of rose water
- A few strands of saffron (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cardamom powder.
- Add the ghee to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a crumbly texture.
- Gradually add the milk and knead the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll them into cylindrical shapes.
- In a large pan, bring the sugar, water, cardamom powder, rose water, and saffron (if using) to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cylindrical-shaped dough to the boiling syrup and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the dough has doubled in size and cooked through.
- Once the Cham Cham is cooked, take it off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Garnish the Cham Cham with chopped nuts, saffron strands, and rose petals (if desired).
- Serve chilled and enjoy your delicious Cham Cham sweet.
Note: Cham Cham can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment