Achar gosht is a treat for people who have love for Pakistani pickles. This dish is sour and spicy. Achar gosht is famous in Hyderabad. All the ingredients of desi pickles are incorporated in chicken or meat and cooked. The garnishing of Achar gosht is amazing as jalapeños are stuffed with achari masala (spices) and put in the dish. This is served with chapati.
- 1 lb lamb or beef, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mixed pickle spices (mango, lime, or any other pickle of your choice)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a deep pan or pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, and coriander seeds. Let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until they are soft and pulpy.
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the meat to the pan and mix well. Sauté for a few minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the pickle spices and yogurt to the pan and mix well.
- Add enough water to cover the meat and mix well.
- If using a pressure cooker, close the lid and cook for 4-5 whistles or until the meat is tender. If using a pan, cover with a lid and cook on low heat until the meat is tender.
- Once the meat is cooked, garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your delicious Achaar gosht is ready to serve! Serve hot with naan or rice.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment