It is a desi traditional nashta of Hunza, Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral. People of Hunza work in the fields and require nutritional breakfast to keep them energetic for the day. Diram Fitti is made by sprouted wheat which gives natural sweetness to the dish. It is served with butter and greased with apricot oil. Its also made on wedding or on birth of a child.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or any other nuts of your choice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour, ghee or butter, and sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together with your fingers, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly add water to the mixture, and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable.
- Divide the dough into small, golf-ball sized balls.
- Flatten the balls into thin disks using a rolling pin.
- Place the disks onto a baking sheet, and sprinkle the chopped almonds or other nuts over the top.
- Sprinkle ground cardamom over the nuts.
- Bake the disks in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
- Remove the disks from the oven, and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Diram Fiti disks warm or at room temperature.
Enjoy your Diram Fiti dessert!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment