Dowdo soup is a Hunzai famous traditional soup. It is also called chapshy dowdo in local language. This soup is prepared with homemade noodles cooked in mutton or beef stock. The most dominant flavour is of garlic. It is served in wooden bowl. This soup is a winter speciality of Hunza.
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- Cooking oil 2 tbs
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Ginger and Garlic crushed 1 tbs
- Chicken Mince 200 gms
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Black pepper crushed 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp or to taste
- Fenugreek leaves chopped 2 tbs
- Water 8-10 Cups
- Whole wheat flour dough
- In chopper, chop the tomatoes.
- In a pot, add cooking oil. Add onion and fry until light golden.
- Add ginger garlic and saute.
- Add chicken mince and mix well until changes colour and add chopped tomatoes.
- After mixing well, add turmeric powder, salt, black pepper crushed, red chilli powder, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add water and mix well and bring it to boil, cover partially and cook on medium low flame for 12-15 minutes.
- On working surface, place whole wheat flour dough and sprinkle dry flour and roll out with the help of rolling pin.
- Sprinkle dry flour, fold all edges and start cutting the thin strips out of rolled dough using a knife.
- Now add whole wheat noodles with remaining dry flour and mix.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment