Khaddi kabab is an interesting item of Balochi cuisine. Khaddi kabab is whole lamb or goat cooked underground by placing the fire. The stomach of lamb is stuffed with rice. This rice is cooked in the stomach by the fats of the lamb or goat. This whole khaddi kabab weighs almost 10 to 12 kgs and can be eaten by many people at a time. This dish must be on the list of top foods of Pakistan.
- 1 whole lamb, cleaned and deboned (except for the legs)
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, ghee, garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well to form a marinade.
- Rub the marinade all over the lamb, including the cavity.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the onions, fresh coriander, fresh mint, green chilies, almonds, cashews, raisins, dried apricots, and cooked basmati rice.
- Stuff the lamb cavity with the mixture, packing it in tightly.
- Sew the cavity shut with kitchen twine.
- Wrap the lamb tightly in several layers of aluminium foil.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the wrapped lamb.
- Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook on low heat for about 6-8 hours or until the lamb is fully cooked and tender.
- Carefully remove the foil from the lamb and place it on a grill or charcoal fire.
- Brush the lamb with ghee and cook on each side for about 10-15 minutes, or until it is well browned and crispy.
- Remove from the grill and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.
Enjoy your delicious whole lamb stuffed khaddi kabab!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment