Tikka Botis are bite sized chicken pieces grilled over charcoal and has been famous in Pakistan for a long time. Its taste is rich and spicy. Mostly chicken thighs are used to make it. It is served with puri and spicy chatni. It is also included in the barbeque platter of our desi Pakistani cuisines.
- Boneless chicken or beef: 1 kg, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Yogurt: 1 cup
- Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 3 tablespoons
- Wooden skewers: 8-10, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt, and oil.
- Add the chicken or beef cubes to the marinade and mix well, making sure that each piece of meat is coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated meat onto the soaked wooden skewers, leaving a small gap between each piece.
- Place the skewers on a baking tray or grill rack and cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally, until the meat is cooked through and lightly charred on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the oven or grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the tikka boti hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges. You can also serve it with mint chutney, raita, or naan bread.
Enjoy your delicious tikka boti!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment