Thandai / Sardai
Thandai is a cold drink just like its name (Thanda means cold). Thandai soothes you down in a burning temperature. Thandai is an eccentric combination of rose petals, fennel seeds, nuts ground in milk. This gives you the best refreshing energy and will cool down your body. In Pakistan, this drink is sold on stalls and as syrups in different grocery stores. One should experience this Pakistani drink while standing by the roadside on a scorching sunny day.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup cardamom pods
- 1/4 cup rose petals
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 liter milk
- Ice cubes
- Soak the almonds, cashews, pistachios, and poppy seeds in water for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the water and blend the nuts and seeds into a smooth paste.
- In a separate pan, dry roast the fennel seeds, cardamom pods, black peppercorns, and rose petals until fragrant.
- Grind the roasted spices into a fine powder.
- In a large pot, bring the milk to a boil and add the sugar, saffron, and the ground spice powder. Stir well.
- Add the nut and seed paste to the pot and continue to stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any chunks or solids.
- Chill the thandai in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve the thandai chilled with ice cubes.
Enjoy your delicious thandai!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment