Tandoori Roti is a kind of roti that is cooked in a clay oven known as Tandoor. It is a common roti in Pakistan and it usually complements every dish especially haleem and nihari. People often fry these roti at home and eat it with tea in their own desi way.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (plus extra for brushing)
- 1 teaspoon of nigella seeds (also known as kalonji)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and nigella seeds. Mix well.
- Add the lukewarm water, yogurt, and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes until you have a smooth and elastic dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C) or the highest temperature your oven can reach.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a round shape with a rolling pin.
- Place the rotis on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the top of each roti with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Bake the rotis in the preheated oven for about 3-4 minutes, or until they puff up and turn golden brown.
- Remove the rotis from the oven and brush them with a little bit more vegetable oil.
- Serve the tandoori rotis hot with your favorite curry or chutney.
Enjoy your delicious homemade tandoori roti!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment