Tandoori chargha is a dish of whole chicken without skin and marinated with yogurt and spices. The chicken is first steamed and then fried in the pan. It is a popular dish of Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and other cities. It is served with Roghani naan or Paratha. Mint chutney, lemon and chaat masala are the best sides you can have with it. If you are a desi food lover, Chargha would bring delight to your tastebuds.
- 1 whole chicken, about 1.5 to 2 kg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges for garnish
- Clean and wash the chicken thoroughly. Make 4-5 deep slits on the chicken using a sharp knife.
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, paprika, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, lemon juice, and oil.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken, making sure it’s well coated inside and out. Stuff the chicken with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Cover the chicken with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight, allowing the chicken to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the chicken on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the skin is golden brown and crispy. Alternatively, you can grill the chicken over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Once done, transfer the chicken to a serving platter and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- Serve hot with naan or roti, and enjoy your delicious Tandoori Chargha!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment