Suji ka Halwa
Suji ka halwa is semolina pudding. It is the most desi halwa of Pakistan. Suji ka halwa is usually cooked in breakfast at home. In markets, suji ka halwa is served with puri and aalo ki tarkari. It is a health pudding and children also like to eat it. It is an easy and quick recipe. It is cooked in desi ghee and garnished with nuts.
- 1 cup fine semolina (suji or rava)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add semolina to the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly, until it turns light brown and starts to release its aroma.
- Add water to the pan and mix well. Be careful as the mixture will bubble up.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the semolina absorbs the water and starts to thicken.
- Add sugar to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens even more.
- Add cardamom powder, sliced almonds, and raisins to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the Suji ka Halwa cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve the halwa warm, garnished with more sliced almonds if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Suji ka Halwa!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment