Too thirsty in summers, grab a glass of sattu. Sattu is a summer drink that is made from roasted and ground wheat and lentils mainly black chana (gram). Sattu is not only a drink but boosts up your energy as it is full of proteins. It keeps your body cool and aids digestion. Sattu is available on the stalls of Punjab and Sindh. There are many street vendors who sell sattu. It is a must try drink in summers.
- 2 tablespoons of sattu flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of roasted cumin powder
- A pinch of black salt (kala namak)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 cups of cold water
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- In a large mixing bowl, add sattu flour, sugar, roasted cumin powder, black salt, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Gradually add cold water to the mixture, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once the mixture is well combined, strain it through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Add ice cubes to a glass and pour the sattu mixture over it.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Enjoy your refreshing and healthy sattu ka sharbat!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment