Mutanjan is a very popular Punjabi sweet rice. Mutanjan is famous for its colourful rice. Mutanjan is a combination of a lot of mouthwatering elements. Rice is cooked in sugar syrup. Different colours are added to the rice like red, orange, yellow, green etc. Colourful small cham chams, chunks of candied fruits, and nuts are incorporated to the rice to make it heavenly delicious. Mutanjan has all the right ingredients you can not say no to. It is a major part of Pakistani gatherings.
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios), chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron strands
- A few drops of rose water
- 250 gms khoya
- 250 gms small cham chams
- Edible silver foil (varak) for decoration (optional)
- Red, Orange, Green food colors
- Drain the soaked rice and cook it in a pot of boiling water until it is tender but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat ghee over low heat.
- Add the mixed nuts and raisins and fry until they turn golden brown in color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add sugar and water and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely and forms a syrup.
- Add saffron strands to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice to the sugar syrup and mix well until the rice is coated with the syrup.
- Add milk, cardamom powder, and rose water to the rice and mix well.
- Cook the rice over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice absorbs the milk and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the fried nuts, raisins and food colors to the rice and mix well.
- Add khoya and small cham chams.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the Mutanjan cool down to room temperature.
- Once the Mutanjan has cooled down, transfer it to a serving dish and decorate with edible silver foil (if using).
- Serve this delicious and fragrant Mutanjan as a dessert or during special occasions. Enjoy your homemade Mutanjan!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment