Safed Makhan ( White Butter )
Safed Makhan (White Butter ) is a treat for dairy lovers. It is pure and unprocessed butter. You can have it with bread or paratha. It is commonly used in Punjab. It is available in the bakeries but Punjabi women make this pure butter at home as well.
- Heavy cream, preferably from cow’s milk
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Begin by taking fresh heavy cream in a large bowl. The cream should be at room temperature before you start churning.
- Use a manual or electric churner to beat the cream. Keep churning until the butterfat separates from the buttermilk. This process may take up to 15-20 minutes, depending on the quantity of cream.
- Once the butterfat has separated, you will be left with two separate components- the solid butterfat and the liquid buttermilk. Use a strainer or cheesecloth to separate the butterfat from the buttermilk.
- Rinse the butterfat with cold water to remove any remaining buttermilk. Keep rinsing until the water runs clear.
- If desired, add salt to the butterfat and mix well. Salt is optional, but it adds flavor and helps to preserve the butter.
- Press the butterfat into a small jar or container and cover it tightly with a lid. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Your homemade safed makhan or white butter is now ready to use in your favorite recipes. Enjoy the rich and creamy flavor of this traditional Indian dairy product!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment