Rahu machli is a kind of popular fish eaten mainly in Lahore. This fish is marinated in gram flour and flavourful spices. Rohu macli is then deep fried. Lahoris crave for this item in winters. It is available in all the restaurants of Lahore. There are famous spots that serve only rahu machli. Spicy chutney and chapati/naan complements this dish.
- 1 Rahu fish, cleaned and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Oil, for frying
- In a mixing bowl, mix together lemon juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt to make a marinade.
- Apply the marinade all over the fish slices and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, add cornflour and coat the fish slices with it.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the fish slices to the hot oil and fry until they are crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the fried fish from the oil and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the Fried Rahu Machli hot with your favorite chutneys and enjoy the crispy and delicious flavors of this Pakistani and Indian fish dish!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment