Paithay ka Halwa
Paithay ka Halwa is Pujabi sweet. In Pakistan, paithay ka halwa is cooked in winters. Its key ingredient is a paitha that is also known as Pumpkin. It is a unique and different pudding. It satisfies your tastebuds and leave you in awe by its scrumptious taste.
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and grated
- 1 liter whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- Heat ghee in a large, heavy-bottomed pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add grated pumpkin to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it softens and turns a deeper color.
- Add milk to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently, until the milk has evaporated and the mixture thickens.
- Add sugar to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture thickens even more.
- Add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced almonds, pistachios, and cashews to the pan and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let the Paithay ka Halwa cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve the halwa warm, garnished with more sliced nuts if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Paithay ka Halwa!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment