Namak paray are famous snacks of Pakistan. You can find them on any samosa shop. This is a salty treat for Pakistanis. A plain flour dough is cut in a long diamond shape and deep fried. Cumin seeds and onion seeds make them delicious and aromatic. Namak paray are very crunchy and liked by everyone.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Water, as needed
- Oil, for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, ajwain, red chili powder, and vegetable oil. Mix well using your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Slowly add water and knead the mixture to form a smooth and firm dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, divide it into small portions and roll each portion into a thin sheet using a rolling pin.
- Cut the rolled sheets into small square or diamond shapes using a sharp knife or a cookie cutter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the Namak Para pieces to the oil and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fried Namak Para from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining Namak Para pieces.
- Once all the Namak Para is fried, let them cool down completely and store them in an airtight container.
- Serve the Namak Para at room temperature and enjoy this delicious snack!
Note: You can adjust the spices according to your taste. For example, you can add more or less chili powder to make it spicier or milder.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment