Naan khatai is Pakistani cardamom shortbread cookies. They are famous cookies in the subcontinent and you can find these delicious cookies mainly in Lahore, Pakistan. It is a mixture of two words naan which means bread and khatai which means biscuit. It is commonly dressed with almonds. It has a unique flavour and people gift them to others as one of the specialities of Lahore.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the all-purpose flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom powder to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the milk to the mixture and knead until it forms a soft dough. If the dough is too crumbly, add a little more milk.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls and roll each ball into a disc shape.
- Place the discs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on the top of each disc.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until they turn light golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container once they have completely cooled.
Your delicious naan khatai is now ready to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment