Maal Pura is a side dish with Halwa Puri in Lahore and Kasur. It is mostly enjoyed in rainy seasons. It is kind of a desi pancake fried until the edges are crispy. It is then soaked in sugar syrup and garnished with nuts.
For the batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina (suji)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the batter ingredients and whisk until smooth and lump-free. The batter should be thick and creamy in texture.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Using a ladle, pour a small amount of batter into the hot oil and fry until the edges turn golden brown and crispy, and the center puffs up.
- Flip the Maal Pura and fry the other side until golden brown and crispy as well.
- Remove the Maal Pura from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the process until all the batter is used up.
- Serve the Maal Pura warm and crispy with your favorite tea or coffee.
Enjoy your delicious Maal Pura!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment