Katlama is a typical Lahori snack. It is known as desi pizza of Lahore. Katlama is savoury and spicy. The bright color of this item attracts people. They are thin and big in size. The topping includes gram flour and different spices.It is more preferable in winters. They are often served in funfair.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Sauce of your choice to spread
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add oil to the flour mixture and mix well with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water to the mixture and knead into a soft and smooth dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, divide it into equal-sized balls. Dust each ball with flour and roll out into a thin circle.
- Heat a griddle or a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, place the rolled-out dough circle onto the griddle and cook for 30 seconds.
- Flip the katlama and cook for another 30 seconds. Then, drizzle a few drops of oil on the top of the katlama and spread it around with a spatula.
- Flip the katlama again and cook for 15-20 seconds. Then, drizzle a few more drops of oil on the top of the katlama and spread it around with a spatula.
- Flip the katlama again and cook for another 15-20 seconds, until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the katlama from the griddle and place it onto a plate. Spread sauce on top of it. Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve the katlama hot with your favorite curry or chutney. Enjoy!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment