Kachnar is an edible bud and is full of nutrients. In Pakistan, Kachnar is only available for a week or two in the season of spring. That’s why Pakistanis make advantage of it by making different kachnar dishes in spring. As Pakistanis love meat, they add kachnar in to the meat which is known as Kachnar Gosht. It is a unique dish and has scrumptious taste. It is served with chapati to satisfy one’s taste buds.
- 1 lb lamb meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup Kachnar flowers, cleaned and chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- In a large pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Saute until they start to sizzle.
- Add finely chopped onions to the pan and saute until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add all the spices, including coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the lamb meat to the pan and mix with the spice mixture. Cook for a few minutes until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add enough water to the pan to cover the lamb meat. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the lamb meat is fully cooked and tender.
- Once the lamb meat is cooked, add the chopped Kachnar flowers to the pan and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the Kachnar flowers are cooked.
- Once done, turn off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your delicious Kachnar Gosht is now ready to serve with naan bread or steamed rice. Enjoy!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment