Ghiya kaddu (bottle gourd) is a widely used vegetable in Pakistan. It is cooked in various ways but most of the people like its bhujiya or curry. It is a light vegetable that also helps to control cholesterol. The garnishing includes green chillies and green corianders. Ghiya kaddu is a delicious vegetable and is flavourful when cooked in any form. It can be eaten with rice or chapati.
- Bottle gourd (ghiya / Loki): 1 medium-sized, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds (zeera): 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Fresh cilantro leaves: for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add the chopped ghiya. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well so that the vegetables are coated with the spices.
- Add water and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The vegetables should be soft and tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Your delicious ghiya kaddu is ready to serve. It is best served hot with chapatis or rice. Enjoy!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment