Daal Mash is yet another Pakistani Dhaba style daal. If you want to taste the exact flavour of this dish, dhaba visit is must. It is a quick recipe and served with hot chapatis and butter. It is a desi dish that is easy to cook and light to eat. Mash daal is a little dryer as compared to another lentil dishes.
- Maash daal: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 2 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves: 3-4, finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Green chilies: 2-3, finely chopped
- Salt: to taste
- Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil or ghee: 1/4 cup
- Water: 4-5 cups
- Fresh cilantro leaves: for garnish
- Wash the maash daal thoroughly and soak it in water for at least 1 hour. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add chopped onions and fry until they are golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chilies, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and cumin seeds. Mix well and fry until the tomatoes are soft and have formed a thick sauce.
- Add the soaked daal to the mixture and mix well.
- Add 4-5 cups of water to the mixture and pressure cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the daal is tender.
- Once the daal is cooked, use a hand blender to blend the mixture until smooth.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro leaves.
Your delicious daal maash is ready to enjoy!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment