Gujranwala is famous for its specific variety of foods. Gujranwala has different taste of food as compared to other cities of Pakistan. Usually, Pakistani cuisines consist of chicken, beef, mutton or sea foods. But you can find dishes of small birds in Gujranwala only Gujranwala is best known for chiray (sparrows). People from different cities love to come here and enjoy this dish. Chiray is prepared in the form of karahi or barbecue. This item is a luxury food of winters. It is mostly famous among men. It is served with mint raita and naan or chapati.
- 6-8 Chiray, cleaned and washed
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- In a large pan, heat oil and add finely chopped onions. Saute until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add all the spices, including red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Add the cleaned and washed Chiray to the pan and mix with the spice mixture.
- Add enough water to the pan to cover the quails. Season with salt and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for about 30-40 minutes or until the quails are fully cooked and the gravy thickens.
- Once done, turn off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your delicious Chiray curry is now ready to serve with steamed rice or any bread of your choice. Enjoy!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment