Chikki Marunda is all time favourite childhood snack. They are light and yummy to eat. Puff rice are covered in melted jaggery to give them the shape of a ball. They are available in all the sweet shops and sometimes by the roadside. Children love to eat them and they are cheap in price. It is usually prepared in winters in Punjab
- 4 cups of puffed rice
- 1 cup of jaggery (grated or broken into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup of mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios)
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Ghee or oil for greasing
- Dry roast the puffed rice in a pan on low heat until it turns slightly crispy. Set it aside.
- In a separate pan, melt the jaggery with a little bit of water on low heat until it forms a smooth syrup.
- Once the jaggery has melted, add the mixed nuts and cardamom powder to the pan and mix well.
- Add the roasted puffed rice to the jaggery mixture and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down for a few minutes.
- Grease your palms with ghee or oil and take small portions of the mixture and shape them into small round balls.
- Place the balls on a greased plate and let them cool down completely.
- Once the balls have cooled down completely, break them into small pieces and serve.
Enjoy your delicious Chikki Marunda made with puffed rice, jaggery, and nuts!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment