This is a jammed pack nutritional nashta of every family living in Pakistan. It is favourite among children, young ones and elders. Every woman knows how to make it. You can find it in the streets of Karachi, Rawalpindi (Faizabad), Murree Islamabad and other cities by the name of anda pizza or omelette pizza.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Extra flour for dusting
- Extra oil for cooking
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt.
- Add the oil and mix well until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the warm water and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- After resting, divide the dough into small balls.
- On a floured surface, flatten a dough ball and roll it out into a thin disc.
- Brush the disc with oil and fold it in half.
- Brush the folded disc with oil and fold it again into a triangle shape.
- Roll out the triangle into a thin paratha.
- Heat a tawa or non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Place the paratha on the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough balls.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, cumin powder, and coriander powder to the eggs and mix well.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, and green chili to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold the omelette in half.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the omelette is cooked through and golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha. Enjoy your Pakistani-style omelette!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment