Aloo Gosht is a tempting dish served in some desi restaurants of Pakistan. It is commonly made at home by Pakistani mothers. Gosht (meat) is obviously a basic ingredient of Pakistani food but who does not like potato to be a part of it. The gravy of aalo gosht is thin. It is served with chapati or rice.
- Meat (beef or mutton): 1 kg, cut into small pieces
- Potatoes: 4-5, peeled and cut into large cubes
- Oil: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 large, finely chopped
- Garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes: 2 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Salt: to taste
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Water: 2-3 cups
- Fresh cilantro leaves: for garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add chopped onions and fry until they are golden brown.
- Add meat, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder. Mix well and fry until the meat is browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes are soft and have formed a thick sauce.
- Add water and pressure cook the meat for about 20 minutes, or until it is tender.
- Open the pressure cooker and add cubed potatoes to the meat. Mix well and cook until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.
Your delicious aloo gosht is ready to enjoy!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment