Tamatar ki Chutney
Tamatar ki chutney is a tomato paste that is native to the cities of Sindh in Pakistan. Tamato is grilled and then blended. Onions, green chillies and coriander leaves are added in the tomato paste. This is a unique side dish and enhances the taste of daal chawal.
- 4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds to the pan and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and sauté them until they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chilies, garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Cook the mixture for about 10-12 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened and the mixture has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled, transfer it to a blender and blend until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the chutney back to the pan and cook it for a few more minutes over medium heat until it thickens slightly.
- Garnish the chutney with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve the tamatar ki chutney as a condiment with any meal or use it as a dipping sauce for snacks.
Enjoy your tangy and spicy tamatar ki chutney!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment