Sabaz chai is green tea in our desi riwayati way. Green tea leaves are boiled in the water and spices are added according to ones taste. Most people like to add lemon, ginger or cinnamon. It is a healthy drink that can be consumed by diet conscious people. Sabaz chai is easily made at home and available at roadside shacks. It is a common beverage in Kashmir, Peshawar and Quetta.
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
- 2 cups water
- Sugar (to taste)
- Cardamom pods (optional)
- Lemon (optional)
- Ginger (optional)
- Mint Leaves (optional)
- Cinnamon Stick (optional)
- Boil the water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the green tea leaves and optional items to water.
- Let the tea leaves simmer in the water for 2-3 minutes, or until the water turns a light green color.
- Add sugar to taste, stirring until it dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the tea into a cup.
- Serve hot and enjoy your sabaz chai!
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment