Meetha Paan is served as a refreshner in restaurants and wedding ceremonies in Karachi. Paan means betel leaf in Pakistan. When paan is served with sugar coated fennel seeds, sweet spreads, desiccated coconut etc. Meetha Paan is decorated with silver leaf which makes it more special. It is a source of refreshing the breath and digesting the food as well.
- 6 betel leaves
- 2 tbsp of fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp of grated coconut
- 2 tbsp of chopped dates
- 2 tbsp of chopped raisins
- 2 tbsp of chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp of gulkand (rose petal jam)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
- Pinch of edible camphor (optional)
- Toothpicks for folding
- Wash the betel leaves and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix together the fennel seeds, grated coconut, chopped dates, chopped raisins, and chopped cashews.
- Add the gulkand, honey, sweetened condensed milk, cardamom powder, and edible camphor (if using) to the bowl and mix well.
- Take one betel leaf and place it shiny side down.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the leaf.
- Fold the edges of the leaf over the filling to form a packet.
- Secure the packet with a toothpick.
- Repeat the process with the remaining betel leaves and filling.
- Serve the Meetha Paan as a refreshing after-meal treat.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Meetha Paan! You can experiment with different ingredients and adjust the sweetness according to your taste preferences.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment