People of Kalash make a variety of cheese. Among them, goat cheese is the most famous one. They eat goat cheese and porridge in breakfast. As kalashis are hardworking, the cheese and porridge help them to maintain the strength for a long time period. One should visit this cultural place and taste the richness of pure and desi goat cheese in Kalash.
- 1 gallon goat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid rennet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the goat milk in a large pot over medium heat until it reaches 86°F (30°C).
- Add the citric acid and stir well. Continue heating the milk to 88°F (31°C).
- Add the rennet and stir well. Remove the pot from heat and cover it with a lid. Let it sit undisturbed for 10-12 hours.
- Cut the curd into small cubes with a knife. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the curds and place them into a cheesecloth-lined colander. Sprinkle with salt.
- Tie the cheesecloth into a ball and hang it to drain for 6-12 hours, depending on how dry you want the cheese to be.
- Once the cheese has drained, unwrap it from the cheesecloth and place it into an airtight container.
- Store the cheese in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Where to Eat or Drink
We are Open for everyone! if you are serving this food in your restaurant or cafe, and you are interested to advertise your restaurant or cafe, do contact us at email@example.com
Leave A Comment